Thursday 19 March 2009

Editorial Design Work

Editorial design and page layouts are something I started to become  particularly passionate about in second year. I enjoy the process involved, maybe because I can be a bit of a perfectionist and like to see things in grid form!














This design is based on my thinking process for the contextual essay. We were asked to construct an essay plan, showing what we were proposing to look at in the essay. For the main themes I decided to look at my 'slight obsession' with magazines, and the role of the professional within the magazine industry. I broke down my thoughts, ideas and some research and then developed this into a 'contents' page for the essay showing at that point what I thought was going to be in it.

  The layout itself I am actually quite pleased with, I think it gets my personality across, shows the subject I am actually looking at and also works in displaying the information effectively. Sometimes I find that I spend way too much time making decisions about how something should look, whereas this was something I produced quite quickly and it ended up looking ok!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment