Monday 30 March 2009

mag.

This is the project that started me looking much more at editorial design. It wasn't something I was fully aware of before, and I was definitely inspired during this project. The brief was actually to prepare a presentation on a subject of our choice. I actually focused on iconic magazine covers which was something I was already interested in, however I then started looking at the layout designs within the magazines, and how they helped define the strength and success of a publication.
  
I presented the research I had done on the topic in a mock magazine "mag." with  double page spreads, contents page and cover. As the focus was more on the information than the actual visuals I simply displayed them around my presentation space as the spreads rather than making the magazine.

No comments:

Post a Comment