Monday 30 March 2009

Platt Hall Gallery of Costume

Platt Hall project is something I have been heavily involved with since the beginning of third year. The Brief set by Platt Hall themselves is focused on generating awareness of Platt Hall, Gallery of Costume within Manchester. When I first visited the Hall I was totally in awe of the place. It's currently closed due to refurbishment so I was lucky enough to get a sneak peak at the parts the public aren't usually able to go. 














The Hall holds over 20,000 items dating from the 1600s to present day. The collection is amazing! I especially enjoyed the attic area with all the storaged clothes ranging from bathing suits to wigs! The
 main problem with the Hall is that people don't know it's there, this is 
something we are hoping to change.

No comments:

Post a Comment